Broken, damaged, and discolored teeth can affect your confidence and self-esteem; in fact, they may keep you from smiling altogether. If you are looking to refine your smile and conceal cosmetic issues, Dr. Juliet Bulnes-Newton and her team can provide effective dental bonding at their Westchase Esthetic Family Dentistry practice. This cosmetic dentistry technique offers a more affordable and immediate alternative to porcelain veneers. Bonding uses an advanced composite resin that can be matched to blend seamlessly with your smile.
Dental bonding is quick and conservative. You can typically receive full treatment in one appointment without the need for temporaries or the wait for permanent restorations.
Is Dental Bonding Right for You?
- Dental bonding is able to conceal a variety of cosmetic concerns, including:
Severe dental stains that do not respond to teeth whitening
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Dental erosion
- Disproportionately small teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Minor orthodontic issues
Bonding can be a more affordable and conservative alternative to veneers. If porcelain veneers do not fit in your budget or you do not have enough enamel to qualify for treatment, you may be an ideal candidate for dental bonding. Bonding is also a good option if you do not want to make any irreversible changes to your smile.
The Dental Bonding Procedure
Our team will work with your unique concerns and goals to design a customized treatment plan for your bonding procedure. We will begin your treatment by selecting a composite resin that will match your surrounding teeth and blend with your enamel. We may also apply a safe, gentle chemical solution to the treatment area to slightly roughen the surface of your teeth and create a stronger bond with the resin.
We will apply a bonding agent before coating your teeth in the dental composite. We carefully shape and smooth the material, using meticulous techniques to conceal blemishes and refine the shape of your teeth. A special curing light is then directed at the treatment area to harden and cure the material. Once finished, we will carefully polish the entire site to ensure your dental bonding blends seamlessly with the natural shine of your smile.
Benefits of Bonding
Dental bonding is able to offer several unique advantages over other cosmetic procedures, such as:
- Quick and effective: You can typically receive full treatment in one appointment, without the need for temporaries or the wait for permanent restorations.
- Conservative: This procedure does not require alteration of your teeth as with treatment using veneers or crowns. You can still undergo further, alternative cosmetic treatments in the future if you choose.
- Effective: Bonding is able to significantly enhance your smile, covering concerns that are untreatable with whitening and eliminating the need for long-term treatment for minor orthodontic issues.
- Affordable: The composite resin used for bonding is durable, and costs less than porcelain restorations, enabling you to achieve an immediate transformation with less impact on your budget.
Let Westchase Esthetic Family Dentistry Enhance Your Smile
Dental bonding can conceal a myriad of cosmetic issues and restore your confidence in your smile. We encourage you to learn more by contacting our office to schedule a consultation.